27 December 2012

Ho Ho Homo... It's Xmas!

It's Christmas time. For me, of course, it was time to walk around the city of Leeds in search of examples of peculiarities in English which related to the festive season. Here are some examples.

Sign in front of the VIADUCT Bar (Lower Briggate - Leeds)
 
Shop at Queens Arcade (Briggate Leeds)
  
New Ice Age film advert at Shopping Quarter (Lands Lane - Leeds)

Gourmet Burger Kitchen advert (East Parade - Leeds)
Boy, was I happy with the examples I found. But I was even happier on Christmas day. I was walking up Lower Briggate to try and find some more pictures when I was approached by a gentleman who invited me for a Christmas dinner at Fibre. It was Terry George himself!



So, gladly for me, it was no time for Bah! Humbug! And nothing could feel warmer than having turkey, pie with cream, and other Christmas delights in the company of other Queens.

Hum... Turkey!
Future contestant of RuPaul's Drag Race
Queens and their Crowns
Pole Dancing Queen

Yes, I felt at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment